Monday, May 3, 2010

Making Big Strides

Exactly. On Sunday (my favorite running day) I ran with my 'college of coaches' (Leah AND Jason) for what turned out to be about 4 miles. We ran south to the pedestrian bridge over LSD and then turned back north along the lake. At this point I just tried to open my stride some. Of course this makes you go faster but it also made me feel more balanced, in tune, and relaxed. Brief stop for water at Fullerton and then on back to the start line.

This is good but I've learned to not get too high nor too low. I'll try this again with my weekday runs and see how it goes. Certainly makes sense that with less up and down movement the run might be smoother and more energy efficient. We'll see.

As usual the ice bath was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment