Monday, May 24, 2010

On it again

Back out there today after a pretty disappointing Sunday and much better today. I ran north again all the way to Montrose. I walked up to the water fountain then farther north and than ran around the hill and back to Montrose. From there I ran/walked back on the lake side. I LOVE that path. you're running between the lake and Waveland golf course. The course looks great for all you golfers out there. Hardly anyone out there too. When I played the course back in the 80's it was OK but they had mats to tee off from as they would get so worn. Nice grass now and very well kept up.

I was jogging along then by Belmont Harbor when a guy passed me. Jeez HE looked slow. That ain't right. So, I tailed him for a bit and passed him back. Pretty sure I didn't slow after that but he passed me again. Oh this is getting fun. Again I laid in behind him but could see him slipping away. I accelerated again and went way too fast for me and put some distance between us. Then I stopped and turned around. He was laughing and so was I. We high fived and he said, "Come on! Don't stop"! but I was done. Good way to finish.

I'm off to Portland OR. tomorrow by TRAIN! Hope they don't mind me running up and down the aisles for 30 minutes or so. I'm expecting the trails in Portland to be not as flat as Chicago but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment