Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Back on the Path

Wow, missed the weekend run as I was 'busy' sailing! Back on it today with 3 miles in the morning. That's not far but it is at 5:45 AM! Nice day though and lots of other runner out. It's 1.5 miles from my starting line in the park by the play lot to Grant's statue just north of the pedestrian walkway over LSD. There's a fountain there too so makes a good turn around spot.

I want to get a decent watch now. I don't have a very good sense of my pace and feel like I keep adjusting my speed when I run without my coach. Any suggestions?

Hi Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I would suggest a simple timex which you could get a Target.

    Although there is a new garmin 110 out that you could use for gps and timing....It's a lot smaller than the other garmin watches, and so less features...but as far as I'm concerned with those watches all you need is pace and time, which that one apparently does. That way you can really get a good sense of how fast you are going and adjust accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your marathoning. I ran the the Chicago Marathon one time--back in '84, at the age of 39. My time was 4:15, so there's something to shoot for. It was a tremendous experience, even though at mile 21--"the wall" that many people hit--I thought I'd been shot in the leg! Did the survival shuffle the rest of the way in, and got emotional as I finished to the applause of the spectators. Figured I'd do it again the next year, but then I remembered the pain of training and decided to stick with 10Ks and triathlons. Did that for a while until my knees got bad.

    Rich P

    ReplyDelete