Friday, April 2, 2010

Updates

Running pretty well this week. Leah and I are in our pre-Higdon schedule so that we may start the official Higdon marathon training in June. We plan to run 4 mi on Sunday. Hopefully I won't need any resurrection after wards!

I ran really well at the Shamrock Shuffle and thought it was fun. So, we've injected two more races between now and the marathon. It really helps to have these races as goals. You can certainly set goals all by yourself and work to attain them but having them tied into an actual race with people watching gives me much more incentive. I do NOT want to be that guy panting and shuffling along and walking half the damn race! So, we are running a 10k in my home town of South Bend, Indiana on June 5. We finish on the 50 yard line of Notre Dame (angles singing right there) Stadium.

Also have signed up for a half marathon in Chicago on August 1. That will be telling. That will be about 9 weeks before the marathon.

No pain in my right foot since buying the new shoes. There you go!

1 comment:

  1. I signed up for that one too! It fell in just the right place in my training schedule - I'll also be running my first marathon this year (chicago). Glad to hear your training is going well!

    ReplyDelete