Monday, March 8, 2010

4 MILES!

I know that doesn't sound like much but I've been battling weather and my sore foot for months now with no increase in distance. Yesterday Coach Leah and I had a nice 4 mile run which is a new distance for me! Some stiffness in my right leg but I've been icing a LOT and took some ibprofin before the run. Also looking forward to running in plus 32 degrees weather.

Here's our route: (called 3.5 miler but I stretched it to make 4.0)


View 3.5 miler in a larger map

The schedule changes in one way now. I'm the grand dad day care now so my runs will move to the early evening time. I can do that way better than if I tried to run at 5:30 or 6 AM! Coach and I run 4.5 next Sunday and then taper a bit in the following week in preparation for the Shamrock Shuffle which is the official kick off to Chicago Marathon training. If my foot cooperates I think I can do this!

Coach has found a cool mac app for tracking running. Here's her post on that and our Sunday run.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment