Wednesday, November 11, 2009

some title...

Haven't written in awhile. Running has sort of plateaued for now. I get out there 2-3 times a week and wheeze through a couple of miles. I need a goal. Coach Leah has some good ideas for short and long term goals which will require and actual training schedule. I'm looking forward to that!

As to today's run it was ok. I ran north to the end of Belmont Harbor and then just followed it around back south. You then come to the opening to the harbor and have to turn around. . . or swim. I turned around.

Some of the gaps in my running have been caused by dealing with elder Welty in Florida. That has been a very mentally diverting endeavour. For me, there's no way a son can look at his 93 year old dad and not wonder. . . what's in store for me? What do I do now to avert whatever.

At one point my dad said, "Where's everbody running too? What's with all the running?" On one hand he may be right. You're going to get there soon enough. What's the rush! On the other hand I feel like saying (but never would) that I'm running at 59 so that I'm walking at 93. Of course getting there is the first trick!

So, running out of time? Sure, we all are if you want to look at it that way. But what a beautiful day it was today. And today, nothing broke and nobody died *

* The official toast on Enee Marie after a safe passage
.

No comments:

Post a Comment